Due to the increase in difficulty when it comes to entering Legacy or even maintaining a collection, Bazaar of Boxes has decided to fully allow proxies at the Bazaar of Boxes Series. We do however maintain a few guidelines and rules pertaining to proxies:
- We require actual proxies, so that means no small paper slips with just the card name written onto it
- There is no (no-no-no) limit to the maximum amount of proxies you can use. So, reach for the sky!
- You can use real Magic cards and proxies in the same deck
- Make sure your proxies are the same size as actual Magic cards. For reference: a Magic card is 88.9mm by 63.5mm
- Proxies have to be in full color, matching the original colors of the card you’re proxying. So, no black and white Volcanic Islands
- Printed proxy papers have to be either glued onto a Magic card (with a glue stick, for example) or added to a perfect-fit-sleeved-Magic card. We would advise using a tiny bit of adhesive to make sure the proxy paper has no way to move around
- We require you to sleeve your entire deck. If you’re using proxies and real Magic cards, sleeve them both in the same manner. So, if you’re using double sleeving for your real cards, you’ll do the same for the proxies
- The main rule of thumb is: make sure your proxies are recognizable from a distance
These proxies weren’t allowed because of obvious reasons, bonus points for trying!
This wasn’t allowed because of the potential of marked cards because some proxies sticking out.
Both MTG print and ScryFall will do just fine in terms of finding your proxies. MTGprint will be the most straightforward one out of the two. For the appropriate size we recommend scaling between 100-110%.
When using MTG Print or ScryFall, be sure to select an actual existing paper version of the card and its art. So, no Magic Online art or other non-paper promos.
After-Market Proxies & WCD/CE/IE cards policy
We won’t allow after-market proxies (or ‘Chinese fakes’). We do allow WCD (World Championship Deck), CE (Collectors’ Edition) and IE (International Edition) cards.